Wednesday, August 25, 2010

Queen for the day!!!

Today was a good morning work out. Our coaches tried to turn a work out into story time this morning. While they were reading the story we would come upon parts that required us to do different exercises. They ranged from arms, shoulders, abs, back, legs, and running. It was a break from the normal routine so it was well welcomed.

The story was about a queen and the trials she went through. At the beginning of the story our coaches told us that by the end of the story we would find out which one among us was the queen. When the story was finished I was selected as the queen! Of course I didn't do anything above or beyond the others to deserve this title. I was just the lucky one who's name was pulled out of the hat. I received roses and a nice crown! You can take the girl away from the crown, but you just can't take the crown out of the girl! :)

I actually thought I would share a picture that mom took this morning after our workout. Remember! This is what I look like after working out outside for an hour.... not my best :)


It's amazing how things happen. I know that I didn't do anything to deserve this nice gesture, but I if you have read my blog from the previous day I was starting to have urges for sweets that I had not had to this point. My temptations were running like crazy in my head and I had thoughts to give in, but kept trying to push through. After this this morning I could hear God talking to me saying, 'see even when you are weak I will encourage you and find ways to hold you up and keep you strong.'

'It is God who arms me with strength and makes my way perfect.' -Psalm 18:32

So, needless to say my day started out pretty good :) I think the rest of it will be a breeze today!

Till next time......

2 comments:

Parkison Family said...

You have always been a queen! So proud of you for your hard work! You are inspiiring me to get at it myself!

Martin LaBar said...

You look good in a crown!