Thursday, August 19, 2010

Thoughts & comments on Boot Camp.....

So, in just the first week I have learned a lot of things. Some I already knew which are being stressed more and those that are new. As I mentioned before this program focuses a lot of nutrition. We learned what our actual metabolism and how that affects our bodies. We have all heard and seen on tv and through other medias that low carb no carb or low fat are the ways to go, but our bodies need fats, carbs, proteins, and fiber to function properly.

I could go on and on about different things, but one thing I will say is that I have made the grocery store my friend and I have eaten a meal out in almost a week. That is an accomplishment in itself as being single I didn't used to like cooking at home. The biggest thing I have learned is that preparation is key! If you prepare ahead and are ready nothing can stop you. I make my lunches every night and also include snacks for the day. Another cool thing is the crock pot is becoming my friend!

If you know me you know that I like to try new things so this is just one of those. I hope through this that I can learn a lot and get back in shape. I know that this takes dedication, determination, and motivation. I have been good at being motivated through everything else that I have done in my life that I now see there is no reason why I can't be determined in this.

One thing for sure I know is that I don't have to do this alone.... 'I can do everything through him who gives me strength.' -Philippians 4:13

Till next time! I have to go to bed.... 4:45am is calling me :)

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I think you should just start cooking dinner for two and then inviting a friend. Like, well, your buddy Mike S.

Holls4 said...

I think you doing this is so awesome! Let me know if you need any additional crock pot recipies. Miss you!

Amanda said...

Mike you are always welcome to come eat with me. I'll let you know next time I am cooking.

Holly I would love some crockpot receipes. I have been struggling finding some that are healthy options. If you come across anything let me know! Miss you!