Thursday, August 19, 2010

Day 4! (With recap of days 1-3)

Ok, so this morning I completed day 4 of the bootcamp. For an introduction I am attempting to complete the Upstate Adventure Boot Camp. www.upstateadventurebootcamp.com I was able to get my mother to take this adventure on with me and she is in the 3 day program while I am trying the 5 day program.

This program focuses not only on the workout portion of our lifestyles, but espeically the nutrition portion. I am very happy about this as being a former athlete I was able to eat lean and healthy, but also eat those nice not-so-good for you things without worrying about the additional weight. Now that I am almost 30 (ugh...can't believe I just said that) I am realizing that my idea of what is or isn't good for me is skewed and needs to be refocused. This is going to be the hardest thing for me so support is encouraged!

Our boot camp runs from 5:30am-6:30am...yes, I am AM! In order to get up, get some nutrition into my system, and get to the location I have been getting up at approximately 4:45am. This has taken dedication as in the past I could sleep till 6:45am and be at work by 8am. It has been hard, but I am pushing through.

So, far this week hasn't been too difficult, but I can tell you one thing. I don't think I have sweated as much since I was in college playing sports. It a tremendous workout!

The first day was mostly getting the group introduced to the different types of exercises that we would be doing. Not bad.... I think they were just trying to not scare us off :) Mom was almost late this day, but lucky made it on time. I think she enjoyed the workout this day as well. Just so the world knows if we are late.....we do PUSH UPS!! We try to avoid those at all costs!

Day 2 was mostly arms and interval training with sprints and jumping rope. For those that know me they know I DO NOT like jumping rope, but I stuck with it.

Day 3 was fitness testing day at the beginning. We ran the mile. I think my time was 9:40?? Somewhere around there. Not great, but I'm working on it. We did a 1 minute time push up test. I was able to do 20. I paced myself so I wouldn't burn out in the end. Mom did great on her mile and her push up test was tough, but she stuck through it and got it done. She has more determination than most anyone I know so I know she will rock it out come during our 4th week. After we finished the fitness test we had to intervals of lunges, step up, and squats....it was tough!

Day 4 (today) was again intervals. We mostly focused on arms and doing high knees during the high intensity part. Today was probably one of my 'internally' toughest days. I was tired and felt more tired than any other week so far, but I tried my best and pushed through.

I know this has been VERY long, but I really feel compelled to journal my time through this process. I am hoping to come out lean and fit and having lost some weight.

I will blog again later tonight on some other thoughts I have!! Miss yall!

No comments: