Friday, August 20, 2010

Day 5!! First week completed!!

So, today was my 5th day and first full week. I can't believe it's already here!

Today we worked out on the TRX and did some sprint interval training. For those that don't know what the TRX is here is a link: http://www.fitnessanywhere.com/trx-resources/trx-exercise-video.php. I have done workouts with the TRX before and it's great! It's basically suspension training that uses your own body for weights. I love it (even though it was tough), but mom didn't like as much I think. She has always said her upper body is not strong so her and the TRX do not get along. I told her by the end of the program she will love it!

The sprint interval training was good. For those of you that know me know that I don't really enjoy running, but this wasn't so bad. We basically only ran for about 20 minutes, but did heats. We would run for 20 seconds then slow our pace to walk for 10 seconds. We would do this about 6 to 8 times then after the heat was done we would get a 1 minute recovery so we could walk. I love intervals because long distance and continous running is not my thing!

As I have mentioned before were are supposed to get in at least 12,000 steps a day. After I left camp today I had about 4800 so I was very happy about that! Only 7200 to go!!

So, the weekend is here and the next two days are going to be the ones I worry about the most. The weekends have never been my strongest points, but I am determined to stick with it and get all my goals met.

Until next time! I'll let you know how tomorrow goes...

No comments: