Thursday, December 25, 2008

Merry Christmas!!

I hope everyone has had a wonderful Christmas. Mine has been eventful, but not as many events as in year's past. We went to Christmas eve service with my grandmother last night and then came back to my mom's for her wonderful dinner. It's my favorite meal of the year! It can't be beat!! This morning we had a breakfast. It was mom, dad, JD, Kerri, and myself. After breakfast we all came to the living room and opened gifts.

I have to say this was a great year and each and every one of us was blessed to have so much in our lives that we truly didn't need gifts. But, we did give each other a few. I got some golf clubs (I can't wait to try them out on the course) and a bose player for my ipod. That's going to sound good in my house. I don't know if I truly deserved or needed the gifts, but I appreciate them and will use them well.

This year was different as in year's past. Once we were finished with our family Christmas there wasn't anywhere else to go. The Duke's are getting together tomorrow night and the Powell's gathered this past Sunday. So, mom and I decided on a plan to finish decorating my office, stopped by my house to pick up a movie, then got a pizza and came back to her house. It surly has been a low key day, but it is still a great day.

I have to say of anyone who has loved Christmas more this year I think it is Camden and Spice (my mom's cat). They have loved each other's company and I really think they will miss each other when I finally go home.

Well, I think that's enough for now. I will post some pictures tomorrow from all the festivities tomorrow.

I hope everyone has had a Merry Christmas. Let's remember why we celebrate today and try to celebrate that all year long!

No comments: