Thursday, September 9, 2010

It's the final countdown!!!.....

So, it's week 4 of bootcamp. The last week before a nice little break. Getting back into the swing of things for me this week has been hard after recovering from the battle I had with strep last week. Let me tell you I am sore this week! Crazy to think it's almost as sore as I was the first week, but I guess missing a few days took it out of me.

The coaches have gone all out on our exercies this week. Monday we stations again. We had 6 different stations to get to that had 3 different excercises to do. They were all timed. After that we did some core work. Tuesday (coach says was a recovery day, but it was tough!) we worked the entire hour on the TRX. Let me tell you....it was rough! Yesterday, we did time testing again to see how we have progressed since week one. On our push up test I went up from 17 to 29 :)!! Mom went from 4 to 17 :) how awesome it that! We did a timed run again and I only cut :08 seconds off my time, but mom saved about 35-40 seconds off her's! She did awesome! Today we did this cardio routine of HITS (high intensity training). This is where you run for 20-30 seconds and then walk for 10-15 seconds. We did 8 bouts of this four different times. I pushed through and got it done and it helped with our walk count for sure! In between sets 2 and 3 and then after 4 we did LOTS of core training. I think my abs will be in shock tomorrow. Tomorrow is our last day of this camp and I can't believe that it has come to a close. It will be interesting to see what they put us through.

We did our weigh in last night for camp and I am please to say I lost a total of 12 1/2 inches and 5 lbs and mom lost 5 lbs and 13 1/2 inches!! I had a total body fat loss of 7%!! I didn't (and I don't think mom did either) know what do expect, but I am pleased (especially since I was out a week with strep). I am looking forward to the next camp since I know what to expect now and I think I have a better handle on the nutrition. I am hoping my results then blow this one of out of the water!

I'll let you know how the final day goes! Thanks for the love and support!

Till next time! :)

1 comment:

Parkison Family said...

That's awesome! I started this week trying to eat better and exercise. Nothing like your camp...but it's a start! keep up the great work!